Thursday, March 07, 2019

Back Into My Imaginary World

Always room on my messy desk for a manuscript

Now that we are into March, I'm full steam ahead on editing the novel. I have to cut it down by 100 pages, or 30,000 words. As well, I am creating short chapters, rather than the original very long chapters.
Not as hard as it sounds, just steady work. It requires sitting and reading the manuscript, which I'm not great at; I prefer to be actively working in the computer file, BUT this magnitude of cutting out and rearranging requires reading over and making notes first.
So...discipline.

And snowshoeing.
We finally got enough snow to cover the treacherous ice and make snowshoeing possible. Getting outside, away from the desk, and focusing on breaking trail allows my thoughts to free-flow. Or sometimes, when it's challenging and my heart is pounding, my brain just turns off and rests.
Snowshoeing and editing are a lovely combination for the month of March.




No comments:

Post a Comment