Thursday, December 06, 2012

Let it snow!

My husband is standing at the window glaring at the multitude of flakes whirling down from the sky but behind him, my mother and I are smiling. We like snow, not so much because "it has to snow for Christmas" but because we really like snow. And we're not even skiiers. Rather, it's a change of season kind of delight. On to winter!
My mother spends the winter down south so I'm pleased she's had a snowstorm, even one as brief and mild, and really non-stormy, as this one to enjoy before she heads out to the land of the two-planting seasons. Daffodils up in March!
But I guess this means I've lost my chance to plant any daffodil and tulip bulbs this year. Every time the weather "milded up", as same husband puts it, the ground remained too wet for planting. What will I do if I don't have more daffs to look at in the spring? Temperatures seem to be milding up for the weekend, perhaps drier, too, because even though winter approaches, plans for spring are always underway.




No comments:

Post a Comment