Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Breathing Down Our Necks

The problem with these really big storms?
The anticipation is worse than the actual storm.
I hope. I really, really hope. This is one time when it would be great to have the hype be utterly, utterly wrong.


CTV Morning Live meteorologist Tina Simpkin tweeted this picture out this morning. We are right in that dark pink zone -- lots and lots of snow.
I shared an article on Facebook this afternoon that claimed this storm is now upgraded from blizzard to "weather bomb" -- lots of weather in a short amount of time.
This afternoon, a friend said amounts could be as much as 60 cm. Just depends on how this big dog tracks. And we won't know until morning. We won't know until we can't see the chicken coop in the backyard.
(I haven't broken the news to the chickens yet. They are so happy getting outside on these sunny days to explore the small patches of grass where the ice has melted. I won't tell them that it might be a couple of days before we see each other again.)
It's the waiting and wondering that's hardest. Once the storm hits, you know exactly what you're dealing with. That's when the praying starts: Please don't let the power go out, please don't let the power go out. Wind gusts up to 110 km? Not too hopeful we'll have heat and hot water on Thursday.
Except...
Except...
I kinda feel a little excited about this. Even though I have a crap load of work to do and a service to do at a church on Sunday, I'm just a teen tiny wee bit excited about seeing what is going to happen with a storm of this magnitude.
Considering we have two huge picture windows in our house, I hope I don't like to regret this feeling.
Good luck, fellow Maritimers. See you on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment