Saturday, September 20, 2014

New Column - A Year In 4H


The first column in my new bi-monthly series, A Year In 4H, was published in the Chronicle-Herald this morning. For the coming year, I'm going to be a member of the local 4H club and write about the experience. I called 4H Nova Scotia on Thursday, thinking I really should give them a heads-up. I explained to the Executive Director what was happening, assuring her it wasn't investigative journalism to find flaws and scandal but to examine what this program brings to the lives of young people. When she exclaimed, "How wonderful!" I realized I'd been holding my breath. We had a great chat and I look forward to meeting her at the 4H Provincial Show next weekend in Truro/Bible Hill.

Here is the link to the introductory column:

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/thenovascotian/1237396-finding-the-farm-girl-within

No comments:

Post a Comment