Thursday, January 09, 2020

Throwback Thursday

Stella and I in January 2010

Ah, Stella. My girl. And the world's most annoying dog. I wonder if I'll ever get the chance to write a book about her? At least she got a couple of essays in Field Notes. Remember her stealing my father-in-law's donuts off the counter during a visit?
She died in 2015.

Stella loved having her picture taken. And her fawn colouring worked well; it stood out against any backdrop, grass or snow.
Abby, on the other hand, hates having her picture taken; she always looks like it's painful or a punishment. Between her facial expression and her colouring, she takes a terrible photo! She's a darker brindle, and the camera compensates by lightening the rest of the shot, so taking a photo of Abby in snow means she turns into a black blob (unless of course she's wearing her coat). My best photos of Abby are in the spring and fall when everything is either green or light brown.

Miss you, la bella Stella xo

Abby and I in January 2020





No comments:

Post a Comment