Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Heat Wave


This is crazy.
I really hoped we'd get a day of rain from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias but it's heading west of us. 
The chickens get four buckets of cold water a day; I'm been a bit lax on the frozen treats but it looks like they're going to get them for the next few days. 

This is not good. 
We're lucky -- we draw water from a spring along another country road, and fill four or five water barrels in order to keep our gardens watered, but anyone who relies on a well... by the beginning of next week, we might be hearing stories of people in trouble with water. 

People love to complain about precipitation, whether it's snow in winter or rain in summer, but the ground needs the water. Snow fills our wells and rain grows our vegetables and flowers. It's a country thing -- we need water.

And on a personal note, I was hoping for a break from watering just to give my right arm a break. I've developed a case of "bucket elbow"! 


1 comment:

  1. I was the happiest camper ever when we got a day of rain yesterday! Hoping some comes your way soon

    ReplyDelete