Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Finally, It's Summer!


In the park by the harbour in Pugwash.

You know you're busy when you don't write for three weeks -- and it's past the middle of July before you have your first ice cream cone of the season! 

Crazy times. I worked most of June, then had an online writing program for ten days in July, then was asked if it was possible for The Alphabet of Faith (my next book) to be ready for the fall. Thanks to Nova Scotia's lockdown in May, I had all the pieces to a second draft so I said yes, and spent three very intense days editing and tweaking and putting the book together to submit. 

And get this: the designer for the publisher contacted me to say he read my book, Field Notes, shortly after it was published! Talk about a small world. He lives in British Columbia but has property in Bear River (down by Digby) so he obviously was in the province when Field Notes released. I can't believe I have that kind of connection with the person who will design my next book -- a book that has a rather creative format (not traditional essays in paragraph form), and he is quite happy to work with that format. 

So the ice cream was a reward for getting the book submitted but the flavour -- which I've never had before because look at those weird ice cream colours! -- was research for a poem I'm working on featuring Moon Mist flavour, a flavour that is unique to the East Coast. 

And the ice cream tasted amazing! The colours taste wonderful and it's my new favourite flavour.

I love when job when the research involves puppies and ice cream! 


No comments:

Post a Comment