Monday, September 27, 2021

A Dog's Birthday

 

This sweet face is ten years old today.

Abby is 10! 

I'm very grateful she's made it to ten years with no health 

Let's not jinx it, okay?! 

She had dental surgery earlier this month and lost two teeth plus had a small lump removed from under her tongue so... let's just say I'm delighted to be celebrating ten years with this pup. Especially since I'm not home with her every day anymore. 

When I get home at the end of a long day at school, she greets me at the door with a squeaky toy then doesn't sit still long enough for me to pat her. She runs around the house like she's the one who's been away all day and is happy to be home. 

I'm too tired to run with her! But we get out every weekend for walks and now that I don't get to walk with her every day, I cherish our weekend morning time even more. Let's hope for many more Saturday and Sunday walks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment