Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Memorable Thank You Gift

The Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia held its 25th annual provincial conference Monday and Tuesday of this week and I was invited back to participate. Not as a presenter this year but as an interviewer.
It was "In Conversation With..." LIVE with Darce Fardy, a man in his early eighties diagnosed with dementia 11 months ago and well-known in Canada and in the Maritimes as a broadcaster, the Freedom of Information Officer and an occasional columnist with the Chronicle-Herald. (He writes about his adventures with Alzheimer's)


 Last year, presenters received handcrafted forget-me-not mugs; I cherish mine. This year, our gift was a print of one of the creations from the Alzheimer Society's "Artful Afternoons" at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, an event for people with dementia and their caregivers.


Again, I was delighted to be part of this conference. It is busy schedule but it runs smoothly and the venue (the Holiday Inn in Dartmouth) is perfect for our needs. I learned so much again this year, completely different things, that will enhance my presentations to support groups and community associations (please contact me if you're interested or for more information).
I also met more family caregivers this year, a development I'm glad to see. While the conference is aimed at health professionals, there is so much information that family members will benefit from hearing.


No comments:

Post a Comment