Sunday, April 05, 2015

Orbiting


A few years ago, I was reading Dr. Wayne Dyer's book, Wishes Fulfilled, when he began talking about the "orbs of light" that were showing up in photos taken of him at his public speaking events.
From what I remember of his explanation, these orbs are messages of hope; some people might even consider them angels or guardians. I don't recall what else he said (his book is around here somewhere and I'll have to search it out) and when I Googled it, his blog post on the subject didn't really get into the why? That's up to each of us to decide what we want to see, what we want to believe, what we want to experience.
I appreciate his call to be open to all possibilities. Why not believe? Why not find messages of hope? Who doesn't need blue jays or robins or ospreys to appear and provide a message of hope or encouragement or promise of good things to come if you just keep at it, if you just follow your heart and be true to yourself?
I haven't thought about what Dr. Dyer wrote about his orb experiences since then (the book was published in 2012), not until recently when I was checking out a pyschic's Facebook page. She'd posted a photo of the plane that crash-landed at the Halifax airport and pointed out the huge orb over the wing that was still intact.
That instantly tapped into my memory of what I'd read in Dyer's book. 
On Thursday morning, that beautiful sunny crusty morning, after I'd gone back to the house to fetch  my camera in order to take a photo of that pile of peanuts, I saw an eagle flying over the field.
"Come back this way," I hollered at it as it soared further away, further up the field.
And then it did start to swirl back, closer to me, closer to the sun which lets the white head and tail feathers glow. When I got home and uploaded the photos to my computer, the photos of the eagle all have an orb in the top left hand corner.
A week earlier and I might not have even noticed. 
Immediately, I said, "Hello, Dad."
I haven't bothered to think about what the message of hope actually is; I don't feel the need to. It's enough to know it's out there, it's enough to keep me strong in a time of great uncertainly and creative challenge.


Read Dr. Dyer's blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment