Thursday, September 15, 2016

Immersed In Beauty


Even though the table is covered in pollen and Leonard is constantly inspecting then, it's wonderful to have sunflowers inside the house. It really does seem like there is sunshine in the dining room, the focal point of our home, even when the skies are cloudy. When the sun does shine through the windows, the sunflowers glow.
These are ones that keeled over outside in my husband's marvelous patch; seemed a shame to waste them even if they weren't "perfect". What is? There is more beauty and creativity in a flaw than in perfection.
I took several photos of Leonard inspecting the sunflowers and chose this one to post because it's how I feel today: I need to put my head down and get to work. I pissed around yesterday and accomplished very little, which had not been the day's original intention. But my pissiness is a combination of waiting for the Field Notes book to be published -- that distracting and utterly useless antsy anticipation -- and not having a defined, unequivocal deadline looming. I didn't even go into my badly-neglected gardens; I just pissed around. Which of course is what pisses me off at the end of the day.
There is always a new day, however, to start again and do better so this is today's "put your head down and work" image to get me back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment