Friday, March 15, 2013

One, Two, Three, Four...

...five, six, seven, eight.
What do I appreciate? Snow! Snow!
I have two hours in which to write 1,000 words on the novel I started this month but I can't get started, which happens, because I'm not in the writing zone so here I am, punching my way into that zone by counting snowflakes.
March 15 -- no one wants me to write about snow.
But I am a writer who loves precipitation. The reason for this is simple: When I was a kid, my mother usually said on sunny days, "It's too nice a day to be stuck inside." Off we went outdoors. I find now, if it is sunny, I have a hard time concentrating; I feel like I should be outside playing.
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's not entirely conducive to writing 1,000 words a day.
But it's snowing right now and I've already walked the dogs and done a plot update after "what if-ing" yesterday afternoon so really, there's no excuse for not writing other than counting snowflakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment