Friday, May 04, 2012

Same Mother, Definitely Not The Same Egg

Since Dad died three years ago, my mother has divided her time between winters in Georgia with my sister, who has four children, and Nova Scotia, where she now lives with Dwayne and me. 
This weekend, my mother is staying home to look after the dogs and cat and chickens while we head to Fredericton to the Atlantic Journalism Awards gala. The whole time, she'll be thinking about her other daughter, who is flying to Ethiopia with her whole family in order to bring her newly-adopted daughter back home.
"It's rather interesting," Mum said this morning, "that this is a very big weekend for both my daughters but for two completely different reasons."




Me, my sister and my mother
June 2011, at my mother's 70th birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment