Saturday, April 27, 2013

Good Idea: Be Friends with a Photographer

Shaun Whalen takes a lot of photos around our part of Cumberland County plus he donates his school sports photos to the paper (which is good of him). He was out cruising around last night and stopped in to take some shots of our ospreys. But he also caught sight of the fox who dens in the bank on our lot across the road.
For all they live across the road, we are enemies, the fox and I. I've never seen kits this young this close. When I showed this photo to my husband, he said, "Man, and that's why I don't want to have to shoot her."
That's the tough part about country living: the balance between protecting our own and co-existing with beautiful wild animals who are just doing what they do.
Beautiful photo, Shaun. Thanks for sharing.



On the shores of River Philp.

No comments:

Post a Comment